Tuesday, December 09, 2003

Mark Meat

I know nobody who looks exactly like Mark Meat. But in keeping with recent meat related filmy substance (and, likewise, with sometime cats of Fanch,) I've found it necessary to include a link here. Running around in Indiana, at least so it says, Mark Meat's got three songs there on IUMA. The first, Crime Free Loving, is an instrumental and, well, it flowed a bit around my edges, though not in an entirely unpleasant way. Need Your Love is a soulful, silly, highvoiced funky nuthouse tune that's catchy as all hell. Reminds me a bit of Neon Sandwich, who used to also run around in Indiana, or so I was led to believe. Not sure where to find those guys anymore to link to as all lines are erased at the tip. The final Mark Meat track, It's My Duty To Disappoint You is half evil sounding and half wacky, again, with that pitch-shifted stuff going on under or over a grungy, riffy sort of guitar maneuver. All around everything there's just a. Just. A. Yes.

No comments: